Monday, November 3, 2008

My Full-Time's...


I have been thinking about starting to blog. Many people are doing it...but I wasn't sure what I would have to write about. However, the more I thought about it the more I thought there might be women out there who are struggling with the same battles as me. If I could at all help someone else with what I am learning then why wouldn't I want to share?!

So, here is my story/struggle. I am a full time worker outside of the home. I am a full time wife, a full time mother, a full time house keeper and most importantly a full time Christian. My struggle is that I do not know how to balance them all in my life. However, I need to learn because I can't do without any of those items. I can't decide to just up and quit my job, I can't choose to not clean my house, I can't give up on my husband or my son nor could I stop my relationship with my Lord and Savior who has blessed me to live this life. So, where does that leave me? In a funk. How do I go about having time every day to be there 100% for all of my full times? Well, one simple answer is, I pray about it. I have learned that I need to pray first thing in the morning. Give my day to God, who has graciously given me the day. I have not earned the day, I have not earned the right to live...Christ has given me these days. I need to make sure He is the one that I am thanking each day. I have been learning to wake up earlier to arrive at work earlier so that I can come home at an earlier time and that means more time with Bean. I am learning to juggle when I clean or tidy the house. After Bean goes to bed I try to make sure that I am sitting wherever my Rock to make sure that I have shoulder to shoulder time with my husband.

"Life is a dance...you learn as you go," John Michael Montgomery. The most important part of the dance though, is making sure Christ is at the center of all I do, think and say. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..." Hebrews 12:2


1 comment:

Mama K. said...

Great job! I think you have it right, now you just need to stay the course. We all make sacrifices in life and the struggle is the balance. I think you got the balance right for where you are in your journey. Each day give it to the Lord and He continue to bless you as you obey Him.