Monday, November 24, 2008

Sawee Mommy

Rock and I have done a total 180 with discipline in our home. We were basically disciplining Bean out of guilt since we aren’t home with him much. However, his attitude and behaviors were starting to show it.
We are trying to teach him manners; to say please and thank you and if he needs to, say sorry. Well, he is just so adorable. All weekend he would come over to me and just give me a hug and say, “sorry mommy!” What is even cuter is that his R’s don’t have a sound; Bean kind of skips over that sound in his words. At one point in the weekend I was correcting him and he looked me in the eye and just gave me a big fat wet kiss! How wonderful…even in my correction he still loves me so much. My heart just melted.
Those are the moments that I want to remember. Those are the moments that I am so thankful that I am a mom. I am so thankful that Rock and I were given Bean at the exact moment he came to us. God timed it perfectly…but then again He is God…He is Perfect!
Thank you God for Rock and Bean! I am so happy to be their wife and mom. Give me the strength to live daily for you and die to myself so that I can be a Christ-pleasing submissive wife and loving and disciplined mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... he is such a darling. I could just scoop him up and plant a dozen kisses on those cheeks!

You are very blessed and are doing a great job raising him.